Monday, August 29, 2011

Nigerian model, Ufuoma Itoje, disgraced in UK for posing nude, judges say she ‘looks awkward’


A Nigeria model, Feisty Ufuoma Itoje, was, on Tuesday, disgraced off stage at the Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model (BINTM) competition after the judges were left unimpressed by her naked photoshoot. The 20-year-old Ufuoma, a law graduate, became the latest girl to be evicted from the competition.
After declaring her unqualified for her rude photograph, the panel unanimously decided “she did not have what it takes to make it in the industry.”A judge at the competition, Grace Woodward, an English fashion stylist and television presenter also added that she was a “one trick pony and lacked versatility.”
Another judge and presenter, Elle Macpherson said the said Ufuoma’s photograph was “full of charm,” saying the 20-year-old was ultimately deemed to have the least potential.” “She’s a beautiful girl, and that’s it,” said a designer, Julien Macdonald.
“I like the fact you’re smiling, but it’s slightly awkward.”You’re a sexy girl but I don’ t think you’re a top model.”You’re sweet, but verging on the saccharine,” she said. The guest panellist, George Lamb, who agreed with other judges’ decision, said that “if this was Ufuoma’s best shot, then she wasn’t cutting it.”For all the criticism, Daily Mail reported that Elle had some good qualities to point out in Ufuoma. “I think she looks really sweet and gorgeous.
The newspaper reported that Elle’s compliments were not enough to save Ufuoma and, after facing Stacey in the bottom two, whom Elle singled out as potentially ‘too fragile’ for the contest, Ufuoma was told to leave. Earlier in the show, Londoner Ufuoma had expressed excitement about the nude shoot, saying “I loved being naked’.In the moment though, she said the wig she was given to wear put her off.”I was prepared for the nudity, but not for the wig,’ she said. ‘It kept moving around and I thought it might fall off.’”I just couldn’t look natural wearing it. I felt like whatever I did, I looked terrible. I looked like a man.”I felt Elle looking at me and just thought. After the shoot I said goodbye to everyone, I knew I’d done badly,” Ufoma said

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...