Tuesday, February 21, 2012

James Bond Star Judi Dench Battling Blindness


English film, stage, television actress and James Bond movie star Judi Dench says she is going blind.

The star actress said in an interview with the Daily Mirror that she had been ‘diagnosed with macular degeneration, an eye condition which can cause blindness, and that her eyesight was already so bad that she couldn’t even read her own scripts’.
The 77-year-old says she relies on friends and family to help in reading and mastering her movie scripts.
‘It’s usually my daughter or my agent or a friend and actually I like that, because I sit there and imagine the story in my mind. The most distressing thing is in a restaurant in the evening I can’t see the person I’m having dinner with’, Dench sadly says.
Dench made her debut in 1957 at the London’s Old Vic and has played in several of William Shakespeare‘s plays in such roles as Ophelia in Hamlet, Juliet in Romeo and Juliet and Lady Macbeth in Macbeth.
She has won 14 theatre awards and 6 Television awards including the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress for the movie The Last of the Blonde Bombshells.
She is however best known to the international movie audience for playing the role of ‘M’, the intelligence boss in the James Bond series.
http://www.thenetng.com/




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...