Friday, August 31, 2012

Visiting Davido’s Multi Million Naira Family Mansion in Ede Osun state




For the better part of his career, the world has celebrated his arrival and stardom in the Nigerian music industry but little has been said about his background.  And so I took time out to visit the town of Ede in Osun state where the pop star was said to have come from.  After about Five hours of travelling from Lagos, I finally arrived at my destination, Osun State and made another turn to the right in front of the governor’s office which leads to Ede town. My guild says the road driving straight ahead before the turning we took lead into Osogbo main city and the road is called Abere linking Olaiya and Old garage which is the final destination for all travellers heading to Osogbo.  After a few minutes’ drive, I finally got into the ancient town of Ede. And then I was carefully directed to the family house of the pop star located right adjacent of the Osun State National Youth Service Camp. I took few pictures and I am delighted to bring them for your sight-seeing in this package even though I could not gain entrance into the mansion which I had anticipated.
In My mind, I had thought that even though, the mansion, the pictures really show the status of the Adelekes, but there should actually be more to find out. And so I went into town to find out more about the Adeleke’s. I could not gather much information but the little I had. I am sure should give quite a bit insight into the reasons why the pop star, David .O chorus in his hit single titled “Dami duro” ema Dami duro, Emi omo baba olowo” (you cannot stop me, I am the son of a rich man).  Aside been wildly reported as having an uncle in the last senate, we gathered that his uncle, Isiaka Adetunji Adeleke was born on January 15, 1955. He was also the former governor of osun state between January 1992 and December 1993. He headed to the senate representing osun west in 2007 before losing out to the incumbent Action Congress of Nigeria candidate.  Adewale, 23, who was our guild on the fact finding missing says “I am sure the singer would have visited his Ede home town but it will be occasional. But you know it will be hard to find out because you know that will be in secrecy”. He concluded
He father, Deji Adeleke is a billionaire and was said to have been 46 earlier in the year. “Deji comes home often” A source who did not want his name mention told me. ‘He has enjoyed the support of his big brother as well which has as well contributed to the success of his business over the years. The brother too is a business man because since he lost of the last election, he had to go back to his business and he is doing well, I must tell you. This I can confirm because I have worked with him at some point”. The source concluded. Deji Adeleke is the chairman of Keplo pacific energy, a company that is into Banking, Steel, power and energy. He is also the founder and pro chancellor of the Adeleke University, Ede.  I also took pain to visit the university that was located on the same road leading to the State water cooperation and another rout that leads into a small town called Ofatedo, via Osogbo. I must say the new private university is one of the university in the country that is fast growing. 
David Adeleke also referred to as Davido has gone from nobody to somebody in the Nigerian music industry in under a year. Back when he was broke all the girls used to wash on the beat... On the beat is Davido! More than opening lines to his smash hit debut currently tearing up club scenes all over Nigeria, 'Back When' (featuring Naeto C), also announces the deliverance of a rawly talented young man. Ladies and gentleman, Davido is here!
Born in Atlanta, Georgia (U.S.A), but brought up in Lagos, Nigeria; Davido has been producing music since the tender age of 13. After a few self-taught lessons in various studios, he began to explore the depths of music while in high-school as a member of a minor music group. Keeping his eyes firmly on the ball, Davido began lending his talents to many up and coming artists based in Nigeria including Dammy Krane, NPZ and more, truly defining the Afropop and Afrobeat sounds. Being armed with such talent, today Davido is endorsed by the likes of African music kings D'banj and Don Jazzy, as well as new superstars Wizkid and Ice Prince. Being more than just a presence on a beat, the young man has executed the skills that have enabled collaborations with Nigerian household names, Naeto C and Lynxxx.
A multi-talented triple-threat; the singer, songwriter and producer (signed to co-owned HKN records) is indeed ready to become the 'youngest guy on TV. David. O released his debut album titled O.B.O earlier in the years. He is 20.        



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...