Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Frankie Cena Announced as Miss World Web Presenter


For those of you who don’t know, Miss World 2014 is an interactive event that begins the moment the contestants touch down in London. As the official Web Presenter for the event, Frankie Cena, Mr. World Canada 2013 and the Co-Presenter for Mr. World 2014, will be giving viewers a close up view on all the action…

Frankie Cena is a presenter, singer, and an international speech coach living in Vancouver, Canada. He was first introduced to the Miss World Organization as a contestant in the 2013 series of Mr. World where he claimed a top ten finish overall and was crowned Mr. World Talent for his rendition of Down by Jay Sean. Frankie was then hired to present at Mr. World 2014 with the reigning Miss World, Megan Young, in Torbay, England. After a brilliant vocal recital at the competition and stellar performance as a presenter, we are excited to invite Frankie back to England for the third time.



In anticipation of the competition, we sat Frankie down to ask him a couple of questions about his return to the competition and his latest role as Web Presenter.

What are you most looking forward to?

For most young men, being surrounded by more than 120 beautiful and intelligent women from around the world would be a dream come true. But getting to interact with them, interview them, and really get to know them beyond their pageant persona is what I am really looking forward to. I am excited to give the entire world an inside look into what happens on the days leading up to when Miss World is crowned. As always, I can’t wait to have some fish and chips in London and to watch the Miss World Talent Final.



What do you plan to bring to your role as Web Presenter?

As the Web Presenter of the show, I need to not only be an announcer of public information and events, but I also need to become the eyes and ears of the viewers. Through articles written for the Miss World website and constant video coverage, I plan to involve fans from every corner of the Earth in what happens beyond the smiles and glitter. I promise to ask the women hard-hitting questions and provide a realistic and exciting view into the competition. I might even sing a song or two.

What do you think the biggest difference between Miss World and Mr. World will be?

This will be my first Miss World Experience, so my knowledge is a little lacking. But, given that this is the world’s largest beauty pageant, I am certain the Miss World will be much more chaotic than Mr World ever was. I am excited to be introduced to the grace and perspective that over 120 Beauty Queens from diverse cultures, languages, and customs will inevitably bring. I am also convinced that there will be far less consumption of hard-boiled eggs. The nearly 50 guys at Mr. World in my year probably went through more eggs than the Easter Bunny. All jokes aside, I hope that this competition will be as meaningful and impactful to these contestants as it was to me.

Thank you to Julia Morley and the Miss World Organization for having me as your Web Presenter for Miss World 2014. I can’t wait to fly to London and have this new journey begin!

missworld

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...